Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Home Theater Signs

The power supply on our main computer died, and it’s just not as easy to write blog posts on my “vintage” laptop!  But I thought I’d pop in to show one of my latest projects.

Back in 2011, I participated in “Crafting With the Stars” and knocked-off the Ballard Designs home “theatre” signs (you can see the original post here). 

I multi-tasked for this project, and used the signs as a Christmas gift for my sister! (They look better in her house than in mine, shown below.)

CWTS 007

A friend of mine asked if I would make another set for her, and I agreed to do everything except the film reels (never again). 

2014-10-08 17.10.45

I “americanized” the spelling of “Theater,” and changed the ticket number to one that was meaningful for her.

2014-10-08 17.10.56

It was fun to revisit an old project!

2014-10-08 17.11.10

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Repurposed Life said...

love them all! Especially the ticket number being a date! how special. :)

Great job Korrie!
gail

dizzy said...

such a beautiful blog and the creativity with home furniture makes it more special :)

Eleanor said...

I fell in love with your " Little French Chocolate" table! I have done a few graphic transfers but this project blew me away!!
If I can get my hands on an old overhead projector, I would like to try this .
My question: What type paint did you use for the lettering and brush sizes? Any helpful hints for beginners?
Thank you kindly.
Eleanor Marino
etmarino@gmail.com