Monday, October 22, 2012

The Workshop, Part 5

In case you missed the previous entries:

It’s been a long, long time since I posted anything about the workshop.  I have been enjoying it, though! 

When last I left you, I showed the freshly painted interior…next step was to fill it up!

[signs%2520040%255B5%255D.jpg]

And fill it up…we did!

My good friend and neighbor Michael J., who is often my co-conspirator in the big projects, reached an agreement with me.  I had space and no tools.  He had tools and no space.  So we decided to combine forces and make the workshop “ours!”   Between the two of us, this is what we came up with.

signs 004

See all these great tools on this wall??  Yeah, none of them are mine!   OK, the air compressor isbut I have certainly enjoyed using them!  (In the corner is a dust collector, with my air compressor in front of it.  On the left of that is a band saw, and left of that is the most awesome table saw.)

signs 009

Next we come to my paint corner, with eleventy-twelve cans of paint!  There are shelves sized to hold spray paint, sample pots, quarts, and gallons.  They go up so high I have to use the ladder to get to the top shelves!  Oh, it just makes me giddy!  And underneath, there is a rolling cart with a scroll saw on it.  That is mine (I bought it from Michael J.), but I’ve never used it.   But I can start anytime I want to!!

signs 003

See those two big sheets of peg board?  They make me giddy too!  For you see…

signs 008

You can open one side…

signs 007

…or both, and access tons of hide-away storage!  Isn’t it beautiful??

This is one of Michael’s brain-children.  He built a unit like this in his garage, and I fell in love with it!

signs 005

Moving on, we have a lathe, which I have used once and can’t wait to try again sometime.  Then there’s a nice big workbench, which we literally rolled down the middle of the street on casters (from Michael’s garage to my workshop) to get here.  I’m sure it was a funny sight!

signs 006

I love all the pegboad for holding small tools, and there’s a magnet board just above the lathe.  I store stains on the shelf up-top, as you aren’t supposed to store paint and stain too near each other.

signs 011

I have a utility sink in here, although it’s never been hooked up properly.  When Michael hooked it up, it leaked a little.  After I tried to fix it, it leaked A LOT!  And we’ve never gotten back to it since.  The drill press in the corner?  Yeah, it’s not mine!

You may be able to see out the open garage door that the concrete apron has finally been poured!  It only took three months, but it’s gorgeous now.

The only thing left to do to the exterior is to paint it, but I honestly don’t know that that will happen this fall.  It’s not the painting that intimidates me…it’s all the caulking! 

Anybody wanna come help??

***********************************************
 
This project has been featured at the All-Star Block Party.
 
************************************************
Linking up here:
  Elizabeth & Co.
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday  
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence  
  My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours All Star Block Party
A Little Knick Knack
Cowgirl Up!
{aka} design

18 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks great, Korrie! I'd say that was a fair trade-off. You do get to use all those tools, right? : )

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a great workspace Korrie! Looks like you have everything you need right at your fingertips. And best of all, a dedicated space for projects - awesome!

Diane Higdon said...

Your workshop is wondeful. I think it can make you want to be creative with all the organization and tools you have. Great job!!! :)

Jaime Costiglio said...

Korrie I'm extremely jealous of all that space and beautiful organized access!!!!

Irene said...

What a great stocked workshop.

Unknown said...

What a great work shop! Can't wait to see all the fantastic stuff that comes out of there!
Kim

Ali Richardson said...

WOW! That is a true worskshop! Looks like lots of magical things will be happening in there :)

Bliss said...

Do I have this right.... Michael built you a workshop to keep his tools that you can use? Looks like you can now make anything you want to based on the available tools, but tell me, why can't I store my paint next to my stain?

Bliss

FreddyandPetunia.wordpress.com said...

Oh maaan Korrie---
I. am. soooooo. jealous. of your ban saw! I have to keep "borrowing!"
Catherine

Full Circle Creations said...

I love it! What a wonderful way to get to use the tools you need without buying them! Looks great!

Holly

SImple and Serene Living said...

I am so excited for you, Korrie, I can't wait to see all the amazing things you are going to make.

Hugs,
Laura

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great space to create in! :)

Miss Charming said...

Such a great place to create! Best of luck with your move, too. It will be fun starting a new adventure!

Anonymous said...

I love your garage! The pegboard is amazing and everything is so organized. Thanks for sharing at All Start Block Party last week. I included you in my features :)

Hilda

Unknown said...

I admire the way you organized the tools. Everything were sorted well.

cheap mattress in california

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

you already know how much I love your workshop, and how I wish I had one...
it's fabulous, so sad that you have to leave it.

congrats on the sale!
gail

Roeshel said...

Awesome! So envious. ;) I just finished up a project on the dining room table. lol I really need to get working on a work space. Great job and inspiration, Korrie!

Unknown said...

You and Michael J. make a great duo! Very smart! Michael has a lot of tools to fill the workshop. And your air compressor, how old was it? It is important that it’s proactively maintained to extend its lifespan and add value to your investment. It is a primary tool for construction projects, after all.

-->Jeanette West